Reg Adkins at Elemental Truths and our regular guest contributor has done a great series at his blog on conflict management. Everyone has their own way to deal with conflict, there are five of them:
There is not one type superior than other, but it is all depends the people, environment and the context. However there is probably one style that is usually utilized in many situations. Find out your type by answering this conflict management quiz.
Then read the following posts on descriptions of each style:
- Avoidance Conflict Management
- Competitive Conflict Management
- Collaborative Conflict Management
- Harmonizing Conflict Management
- Compromising Conflict Management